(Season 5, Episode B) Experimental Hackbase Camp
@ Lanzarote, Canary Islands (Spain)
8 November -> 9 December (31 days)
Table of Contents
|1||What is CHT? + Context|
|2||Coming to base|
|3||PLANS & PROJECTS !|
|3.3||secondary / next time:|
|6||CHT 2018 PLANS ??? <------- add here|
What is CHT? + Context
(some pics from previous camps!)
This EXPERIMENTAL HACKBASE CAMP is ... a bunch of people and technology camping in Lanzarote, Canary Islands. About new & deploying existing free technology, theory and art. The goal is to create a functional technological and behavioural recipe/typology (a "lifestyle infrastructure") for a free, post-capitalist society. A lot of work has already been done by the hackbase, and by other people & projects. Everyone is welcome + it's really cheap.
* 🔗web - the main site!
* 🔗newcomers - newcomers guide!
* 🔗commonground - conceptual basics (why "postcapitalism", etc)
* 🔗idiots-guide (new!)
* 🔗season4 (2014-2016) year plan, still relevant
* 🔗hackbase-type2 - some generals about nomadic, off-grid hackbases
The previous camps:
🔗season4-A, 🔗season4-B, 🔗season4-C, 🔗season4-D, 🔗season5-A
If you have any additional questions, 🔗faq is a good place to add them.
And follow the mailing list (see 🔗contact on how-to) + IRC #hackbases and #chtotalism (on Freenode).
Coming to base
* Get in contact:
* send intro mail to email@example.com or call +38640554854 (/SMS/Telegram/Whatsapp)
* join the mailing 🔗list, to keep updated
* Help fix exact timing:
Mark when you're free in the calendar.
This will make it easier to set dates & synchronize with others.
* Get a cheap flight to Lanzarote (ACE):
Should cost around 50-150€ roundtrip from anywhere in EU.
See Skyscanner to get an idea.
* More useful info on pages below, especially 🔗newcomers.
Current discussions on firstname.lastname@example.org (🔗list), also see the schedule.
Add / Edit: [...
* email@example.com @dcht00 (web):
Madrid: Oct 25 - Nov 2
Brussels: Nov 2 - Nov 8 (for 🔗cfp-what-about-politics conference)
Lanzarote: Nov 8 - Nov 22 (CHT5-B!)
Tenerife: Nov 22 - Nov 27 (for http://www.tenerifecolaborativa.com/ conference)
Lanzarote: returning Nov 28 (CHT5B-2) !!!
Leaving: ??? probably 1-2 weeks later
* Daniel (from Moscow=):
Cancelled for November.
Would be glad to come in December. Marzena, are you a photographer? Let´s get connected.
I'm coming from Berlin sometime between 22-29 November.
I would like to help in the documentation of the project (mostly photography), brainstorming about marketing/promotion and share some good vibes.
* Daniel (Barcelona):
PLANS & PROJECTS !
* move van to another place!
* raise money, buy new stuff, write new things, develop&deploy new tech
* project van (🔗trucko):
* urgently move it from a friend's land, somewhere else: ?
* try to fix it (but need parts from Europe, delivered by ?)
* figure out if it's possible to insure it to somebody?
UPDATE: no risk for people insuring it
* = make it road ready
* continue work on the Coop:
which just landed its first project: 🔗coop-index
* visit + explore:
* northern part of the island (under cliff, overlooking La Graciosa)
* La Graciosa again? (20€ roundtrip)
* the deserty Fuerteventura (neighbour island) for the first time! (30€ roundtrip)
* another bike
* (other things from 🔗ordering)
* guerrilla gardening:
* planting on abandoned lands
* set up independent (no human interaction) watering systems
* connect with local farmers (which have been asking for technical help)
* with government:
* advance the cooperation plan with the local county government (we started talks during CHT5-A)
* trek & map:
* more camping spots
* abandoned fruit trees
* generator party:
make a multimedia party in the desert (generator+projector+loud sound)
* infrastructure development & documentation 🔗tech-tree:
advance general know hows: architecture, energetics, washing, studio...
Publish this part of the documentation !!!
* sensors, cybernetics, data:
* take more sensor measurements and good audio/video (data + ethnology)
* work on the Coop project !
* use our new hypermedia system improvements, and keep writing:
text-to-graph support (example: 🔗graph-index)
optimize the website
* promote + scale + replicate:
talk about ways to promote and scale the project, and make mainland EU copies
* hang out, read books, drink wine, eat well, swim in the ocean
* [...] <-------- add ideas here!
secondary / next time:
* buy more Ikea boxes and reorder all our 🔗stuff to fit in the van better
* buy some new tents and 🔗solar power things
* develop the music studio - play and record more!
* for 🔗maps, use new software parts we've developed. And move away from Google.
* build more electronics?
* build more textile/wood structures? (need skills + tools)
* share and curate media and data
* visit Fuerteventura (the closest other island) with van
* [...] <-------- add ideas here!
Write any questions here: [...]
And, see 🔗faq for answered questions!
* fetch the 🔗stuff from the van
* check the 🔗season5-A spot (how it changed in the last months)
* fixed bike
* played music @Haria
* van (🔗trucko):
move to new storage location
clean up and reorganize
* wash textiles
TENERIFE COLLABORATIVA @TENERIFE
Return to Lanzarote
* Remake main camp (CHT5B-2):
a) La Graciosa
b) North-side, under cliff
* 4-carry camp (4 full backpacks of equipment)
* 3-day resupplies, per day:
3L water, 3L drink water, 1kg food
== 8L water, 8L drink water, 1kg food == ~20kg backpack
* work on the van (derusting)
CHT 2018 PLANS ??? <------- add here
is interested after january 7, 2018
- but prefers camping with other people instead of by himself :)
- camp as long as possible
- practice & learn optimal:
- living in tents, under tarps and sleeping in hammocks
coming if >5 come too any time in 2018!
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.