CHT4-D (Season 4, Act D) Experimental Hackbase Camp
@ Lanzarote, Canary Islands (Spain)
May 26 2016 to July 12 2016 (48 days)
2016-08-12 (post-camp report)
(RANDOM ARCHIVE IMAGES [beta, refresh for more])
Table of Contents
Context <-- Start Here
This "EXPERIMENTAL HACKBASE CAMP" is ... a bunch of people and technology camping in Lanzarote, Canary Islands. It will be creating new & deploying existing free technology, theory and art. The goal is to create a functional technological and behavioural recipe/typology (a "lifestyle infrastructure") for a free, post-capitalist society. A lot of work has already been done by the hackbase, and by other people & projects. Everybody is welcome + it's really cheap.
You've already read:
* 🔗web(R/W): the main site
* 🔗season4(R/W): the year plan
Also briefly check what happened on previous camps in this season:
🔗season4-A(R/W), 🔗season4-B(R/W), 🔗season4-C(R/W)
If you have any additional questions, 🔗faq(R/W) is a good place to add them. And follow the mailing list (see 🔗contact(R/W) on how-to) + IRC #hackbases and #chtotalism (on Freenode).
[DEPRECATED, IT ALREADY HAPPENED] How to come here
* Write yourself down: (Edit this pad)
* Probably all the stuff needed for life and work is here:
except your laptop and electronics
also see 🔗stuff(R/W) page
* You need ~100€/week to cover all costs (includes food, infrastructure maintenance, etc)
Have questions, project or ideas:
* post to firstname.lastname@example.org (see 🔗contact(R/W) to join & post messages)
* on Freenode IRC: #chtotalism (new) and #hackbases (general discussions)
You will need a flight ticket to Lanzarote (Arrecife / ACE):
* Check flights on Skyscanner.
* It should be ~70€ max if you look reasonably (inside EU).
* If you have problems finding a good flight, mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Who's coming & other people involved
YES (Flight Booked / Booking now / In Lanzarote already):
* David (May 24 from Eindhoven)
* HairyFotr (May 24, flight from Eindhoven, Transavia 59€)
* Lorenz (1.6. until 7.6. )
* wischi Jun 1 23:30 - Jun 15 09:10 (from and to Berlin, 91€ roundtrip, found through skycheck.de and paid with entropay virtual visa for maximum savings, hit me up for help on how to book this price)
* david from madrid (~june 10th, 4 days) (Booked—Arrive to Lanzarote around 23:30. Stay in the island till 14th June (12:00 to Las Palmas) (plain ticket 40 € from Madrid—Ryanair//50€ to Las Palmas—Binter)
* <------ new [name, time, contact]
MAYBE : Interested >10%:
* Ercole ?
* strfry / Jonathan (necessary condition: more people coming than in -4C )
* <------ new
RSVP : People from previous lists:
* Alex (end of Jan, up to Feb 7th? but probably don't want to start Flocking)
* Jag (maybe ~March 8th for a week)
* Christoph (mid-March / April)
* matej ("maybe in summer")
* Daria (could come late January)
* Juan (could only come late January :( Or after August. From Germany Frakfurt/Main area)
* PHM ("maybe in summer")
* cryptix (bad stuff happend...)
* Christo Mcc
People also involved:
The subseason starts whenever the first person flies in.
This is looking to be ~ May 20th 2016.
* Flocking in. See 🔗flocking(R/W)
* set up a base mini subset:
* don't use existing 🔗stuff(R/W) - buy/bring everything anew
* reason for this is to create a new, super-portable addition to the existing stuff we have
* temp location:
* maybe Mala mountains?
* [...] <--- #TODO
* prepare for reorganisation of Stuff (storage):
* possibly bring *all* Stuff to one location (from all current storages)
* need a car!
* need to buy new boxes
* do cool projects
* possibly move to a Secondary location
Secondary location idea:
* possibly one of the other islands (Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria)
* move all the people there + get new people on the spot
* carry the mini-subset with (on the flight)
* ship a larger subset of the Stuff there
SUBSEASON PLANS / PROJECTS
Tasks, through the framework of 🔗roles(R/W):
* find new storage location
* (yes, again)
* move everything
* good news is that now storage is weather proof (kind-of? pretty much?)
* not completely "diggable-in" yet though, I presume
* need to investigate impermeable storage bags more and hopefully order some before we are on the island <-- #TODO
* FINALLY HAVE SOMETHING THAT WORKS
* External storage:
* Make sure everything is outside-proof
* Systems for #safety
* Systems for anti-natural effect
* Storage at people:
* approach more systematically:
* list of people that can help
* to what extend, accessibility, etc
* buy a car
* study how to do this in advance
* who is it written on?
* what to do with it on downtime?
* start a formal association
* ... and apply to May Culture/Art grant (80k€)
* investigate mobility of setup on islands scale ("secondary location")
* Move between the islands with lab subset
* possibility to establish sub-bases in other islands?
* Keep developing the "Hyperbox":
geo-tagged fluid infrastructure: power, network, sound, etc
* The mini-🔗stuff(R/W) subset, oor "Zero box":
* aka "emergency bag"
* small tent + sleeping bag + stuff to make food + micro-power, etc
* Curating past materials:
* Continue development of "Hypershotwell" (to organise + publish photo documentation)
* Sift the Internals material and notes (public / private)
* running water. get a small pump. -> showers, dishes
* Throw a Generator party:
see here for inspiration
* read more !!!:
* the curated collection in Internals\BOOKS, also see 🔗tt-archive(R/W)
* annotate + discuss
* develop workflow for working with texts
* also see: parts of 🔗workflow(R/W) and 🔗hyperreader(R/W) (stub)
* "Standard replicable model" for a CHT camp hackbase, via documentation:
used to build copy at next camps like EMF 2016, SHA 2017, see 🔗calendar(R/W)
* Off-grid technical infrastructure:
* DC-only nomadic solar systems : more 🔗solar(R/W)
* audio, network, etc
* Architecture / Construction (stub 🔗architecture(R/W):
* Subterranean construction
* Automatized Tarp systems
* panel hexayurt + unknown fixing system
* plastic tube construction
* Hacker Coop: ethical work for everybody:
* seriously consider a loan and just buy something in 2016
* formally associate + work with local culture + education systems
* improve crowdfunding ...
* New release of internals:
* publication of CHT internals (possibly as a middlemachine instance)
* continue working on 🔗workflow(R/W)
* Tektology, Bogdanov and "science of organisation" <-> middlemachine
* more systematic investigation of external know-how:
"there has to be books for (all aspects of) this"
high-tech camp infrastructure / architecture,
* nootropics (body supplements / cognitive enchancers) knowledge exchange + experimentation + methodologies
* sports / fisculture:
* plans and knowledge for everyone who wants to do this.
* can help to stay healthy (lorenz)
* http://representation.systems :
put stuff up there
We solved all primary objectives:
* started a new hackerspace:
* see http://truco.space/
* serves as storage for CHT stuff (satisfies #1)
* has a formal association around it and can be a fiscal sponsor for CHT (satisfies #3)
* bought an amazing old rusty giant van:
* see 🔗trucko(R/W) (satisfies #2)
* this enables mobility between islands (satisfies #4)
* we camped in (and so prepared) 16 different sites in Lanzarote:
* which gave us unprecedented view of nature/culture
* we can return to those sites
* because of this developed a number of new typologies (architecture-lifestyle)
* from the project perspective, residents proved to be fairly unreliable:
* but the project recognizes it needs to do better at this part
* failing here is fairly natural as interpersonal protocols evolve, but are not finished yet!
* we wrote quite a lot of new Workflow code:
* (more 🔗workflow(R/W))
* e2h/iiindex hypertext system
* hyperphoto media organisation
* extended hypertrip (Ljubljana - Vienna - Rotterdam - Eindhoven)
* strengthened network of great new local people
* acquired & command new technologies:
* 3LED projector
* raspberry pi
* car mechanics (maintenance, derusting)
* kinect on Linux (skeleton tracking, 3d scanning, ...)
* a lot of new processes / org patterns were prototyped and improved on:
* /newcomers (#0)
* /roles (#1)
* /ordering and /shipping (#0)
Main deviations from plan:
* we never really set a full camp (like planned, and in previous subseasons)!
1) "carry all things" camping:
"leather-tramp" camping on Sites without CHT gear!
+ #squatworking (bars)
2) liquid renting:
+ work all day at hacklab
3) full-time at hacklab:
(work + crashing)
4) living in caravan:
(the bought 🔗trucko(R/W), a 1984 Volkswagen LT28 van)
+ work all day at hacklab
More soon as the project finishes Season 4 and remodels for Season 5.
🔗contact(R/W) if you have any specific questions.
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.