"Nomadic resilient base"
Table of Contents
|2.1||Example: CHT4-C (2016-Feb, Mar)|
|2.2||Contents (What's in the boxes)|
|3.1.1||* Getting people involved + initial funding:|
|3.1.2||* List needed parts/contents, and buy them:|
|3.1.3||* Determine location|
|3.2.1||* Move boxes to location (Logistics)|
|3.2.2||* Uptime / Day-to-day|
|3.2.3||* Teardown + Move to Storage|
* http://next.totalism.org (Current / Planned CHT base)
* (planned) 🔗base-eu: CHT expansion to Europe + theory! <---------- #TODO: extract
* a bunch of people living in portable architecture (tents, ...) with technology
* in and around hacker festivals / camps, or accessible in cities or nature
* built with cash & equipment donations
* then stored or sold away
* parts left in different places, recomposing, adding up
* moved into place for next deployments
Example: CHT4-C (2016-Feb, Mar)
Contents (What's in the boxes)
Full subsistence infrastructure.
See 🔗stuff, also 🔗ordering.
The stuff is sorted and stored in plastic impermeable storage boxes.
Budget: 1000€ (but can already start with 300€)
Size: 1 ISO pallet
#TODO: merge with 🔗flocking stages !!!
(2017-10: graph just a sketch, also the main documents covering this need a re-ordering)
* Getting people involved + initial funding:
* How to cover initial investment? Maybe ICO?
* How to secure maintenance budget (running costs)? What to do if the base goes bankrupt?
* How to effectively re-fund the base for new deployments?
* List needed parts/contents, and buy them:
See 🔗stuff, 🔗ordering and 🔗markets
* Determine location
Also see 🔗land-attributes
* Move boxes to location (Logistics)
* via http://www.pallet2ship.co.uk
* Europallet = 100x100x100cm, 100kg
* Berlin -> Guildford (UK), location of EMF camp
* = ~200€ + VAT <--- that's too much
Some stuff would better be not shipped, but bought on site:
* very heavy/big stuff (batteries)
* very breakable stuff (solar panels?)
Perhaps logistics in itself is a mistake:
* "Always strive for replication, not for transportation"
* The end tab should be picked up by local people, and so a new "hackbase seed" started
* This would need a unique system of #funding <--- #subfinance
* People already going there, helping to transport ("hitch-hiking logistics")
* Uptime / Day-to-day
* Teardown + Move to Storage
Also see 🔗flocking.
"Where boxes are during downtime".
It's currently an annoying and recurring problem for the CHT base in Lanzarote, as well.
* buy a van <-- what CHT did with 🔗trucko
* weather-proof + bury boxes underground
* separate into parts / modules (boxed up anyway), and disperse around different people
* deploy as a local hackerspace ("active storage" pattern)
* #vaults, an european network
Storage is simpler, as the base prototype/model is improved:
capacity to be stored outside or buried underground:
(this now supposedly almost works, since #cht4c)
* more compact, lighter, etc:
(needing less space, easier to move around by anybody on the ground)
* better appearance:
(so it can be stored in somebody's living room)
And also as:
* the network improves (#vaults)
* Bases should not be bought and sold as "speculative commodities"
* How to make decisions about where the base goes next, etc?
* What constitutes deciding power?
* When selling:
* The model must not be a cheap sale of a pre-assembled, optimized all you need for some bourgeois camper
* It needs the new owners (?) to commit to maintaining the openness (?)
I guess this opens the space for a "hackbases foundation"
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.