2016-02-16 project reports coming soon!
Table of Contents
TRUCKO camper van
We bought TRUCKO, a 1984 VW LT28:
It needs to be fixed up (nothing big) and road legalised first.
We need a driver!
Having a van like this means we can (and should) organize a camp on another island
Did not order all parts we needed before, so didn't fix.
Also could not road legalize, because of Spanish insurance law.
* We started a hackerspace in Arrecife during CHT4D:
See http://truco.space !
* Truco.space will have to move from the current location, and find a new one. This is also a CHT issue, as we store our 🔗stuff there!
* 🔗stuff was recently damaged by rain. Damage evaluation will be done upon landing.
We moved everything out!
Truco.Space doesn't exist anymore, for the moment.
More info @ http://truco.space
Music Studio development
We are finally developing the music studio a step further:
See 🔗studio (stub!)
Nacho is our main man here, bringing a lot of microphones, an 8-channel preamped audio interface, and guitar pedals.
We confirmed what we set out to do.
Workflow development + Materials (text + multimedia) reorganisation
Continue working on this, with new tools.
Also see 🔗workflow, etc.
Current worldwide geopolitical situation & trends
CHT will celebrate 5 years on December 21st 2016.
We should rethink how we can collect, organize and release the work done in this time, and have some sort of a positive transformational influence in the next 5 years.
Keep developing and launch our own cooperative
See 🔗coop-index for more. (stub!)
Develop concepts like:
* alternative work agreements
* "free hardware" and "free industry" models (akin to "free software")
Maintenance culture: DIY for post-capitalism
A lot of things have been built in the past centuries that are still in use, or already abandoned. How can the free-technology movement step in?
Practically, we will:
* "repair, reuse, recycle" more:
* derust, weld and paint metals
* squat, secure, repair buildings
* try to find work in these fields, with the Coop
* understand current supply chains of materials
* try making appealing general-public cases to satisfy these needs
Attend the carnival
Lanzarote Carnival is one of the greatest in Europe.
David brought a bear suit :]
Carnival is starting later than normal this year (end of February).
So nothing here.
[HairyFotr] Work on improving and monetizing Scala Linter
As a part of #coop I'll be researching how to monetize a relatively popular opensource project. There is also a lot of other new work and research to be done.
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.