Protocol: Choosing a piece of land.
(upcoming: Q4 2015)
2016-01-06 added cadastre link
Also see / merging:
* 🔗metrics and 🔗poster
Table of Contents
|2.3||Do we even want owning land?|
|2.4||* REMOTENESS - RAW|
|2.5||* REMOTENESS - NEIGHBOURS|
|2.6||* GEOLOGY DEPTH|
|2.7||* GEOLOGY SOIL|
|2.8||* LEGAL STATUS|
|2.9||* PLOT SIZE|
* point of doing land attributes is to be able to decide on which plot to acquire
* theoretical aspect:
"attribute model", etc
* practical aspect:
* everyone (all the existing projects, see alike) that has land went through some process of decision and attribute modelling
* so, extract decision workflows from projects that have done it <-- #TODO
* can we stay there undetected?
* can we build the above-ground facade?
* can we build an "aljibe"?
Do we even want owning land?
* "trucko" and full-nomadic, + array of "squatting" sites
* deal with government to be "natives"
* non-Lanzarote - other island
* ... or somewhere in Europe which is easier
* REMOTENESS - RAW
* stay out of way / line of sight!
* roads proximity
* REMOTENESS - NEIGHBOURS
* how to check neighbours?:
(needs protocol / study!)
* find interesting (tech they're using, trees on land, ...)
* directly talk to them
* try, via nearby temporary camps
* GEOLOGY DEPTH
* very deep is best
* need 2.5m minimum
* GEOLOGY SOIL
* no problematic micro-clay powders like near Mala (>uros what was that?)
* not too rocky (? digging?)
* LEGAL STATUS
* main: "agrarian" is best?
* sub (?): "abandoned" ?
* PLOT SIZE
* smaller is cheaper is better
* can increase is better
* No Mad Island:
(specific fb group threads) <-- #TODO: link
Practical (decision-making workflows):
* No Mad Island - group on FB - http://www.facebook.com/groups/1021873941179378/:
* Google Doc with 10 proposals - http://docs.google.com/document/d/1-hEMiHMb2oy_CSSL8gDjBXU07tfoaLgG5-e6Y1IBnoI/edit
These guys just did it, bunch of internet-famous marketeers and celebrities
* see http://totalism.org/alike for more:
(lots of projects which had to decide on land!)
* cadastre (land / zoning) info: http://visor.grafcan.es/visorweb/
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.