Hack-related GRANTS and CFPs
curated by @dcht00 / CHT Hackbase
* 🔗calendar(R/W) (conferences with open CFPs)
* 🔗coop(R/W) (planned hacker cooperative)
* (discussion @ Telekommunisten)
Table of Contents
List of lists!
* http://attic.hillhacks.in/funding !
* book / list : The Grantseeker's Handbook of Essential Internet Sites (yes, really) !!!!!!!! :
* http://www.transartists.org/ :
* "civic tech fellowships" (USA):
Follow mailing lists, groups, etc
* 🔗alike#LIST___MAILING_LISTS(R/W) !
* "open call"
* "call for applications"
DEADLINE : Dec 1st 2017
Submit here: http://nlnet.nl/foundation/request/index.html
"Submit any time, reviewed in 2 weeks?"
was told: "gives 1000€ relatively easy"
* http://nlnet.nl/news/2017/20170601-call-en.html #deadline 2017-06-01
DEADLINE : Nov 11st 2017
several concurrent requests!
technology & community oriented
Other / Not now
* Wau Holland Stiftung:
does not seem to currently
present at CCC's, best to meet in person
* http://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS :
Mozilla for Open Source software!
* http://isif.asia/grants/ :
"The 2017 call for ISIF Asia grant proposals and award nominations is open from 20 June to 15 September 2017. During 2017, ISIF Asia is allocating AUD 145,000 to support grants across three categories and AUD 10,000 for one award."
super-technical internet infrastructure stuff
* SLO / SPS:
startup grants around 50-200k€
* http://www.hackershelpinghackers.com/apply-now/ :
To Checkout & NEW
* http://stimuleringsfonds.nl/en/ (<Asli):
"Creative Industries Fund NL is the Dutch cultural fund for architecture, design and digital culture, as well as every imaginable crossover." (15 mil$)
* http://hackmind.ai/apply/ :
similar to EF London, based in Berlin. covers life costs and hopes you get an idea together with others in cohort.
"Here is what is going on at hackmind: We fund scientists and engineers from all fields with up to 130k (and spend an additional 30k) over a 6 month program. Here, they find a co-founder they love to work with, develop an idea they love to work on for many years to come, and start the process of building a company around it. Our job is to take business bureaucracy out of the way (so people can focus on creating a truly world changing idea) and to give you a system that goes beyond money:"
* http://www.joinef.com/ :
EF London : get covered to live + meet others in cohort + get mentored + form an idea + get funded
* http://www.xminy.nl/english/ :
activist grants !!!!
* prototype fund?:
* http://citizenlab.ca/opportunities ?
* http://www.sidnfonds.nl/excerpt/ :
"stronger internet, with an impact on Dutch society"
* SIDN fund:
"SIDN Fund is an independent foundation, through which we help to increase the internet's value to society and the economy – in other words, its value to you."
"The OS Fund invests in entrepreneurs working towards quantum-leap discoveries that promise to rewrite the operating systems of life."
* EU Horizon2020:
* EU Fiware:
* OKFN / Panton Fellows, etc
* OKFN / small grant:
30k x 6?
second round in 2017
* EU / H2020
* EU / CAPS ... Edgeryders?? puh?
* EU / FP7, now FP8:
Corporate grants / sponsorships
* http://www.awesomefoundation.org/ :
"Have a crazy brilliant idea that needs funding? We award $1,000 grants every month. It couldn't be simpler! Your idea is yours alone. We don't want a stake in it. We just want to help you make it happen"
* (from a random conference): "At the moment, we unfortunately do not have the financial means to support your travel, however we are providing 4 free nights in a hostel room for the non-local participants. Last years participants applied for travel grants, e.g. at the Awesome Foundation, etc"
* Shuttleworth Foundation:
Flash Grants of $5000 via nominations from existing fellows
* Google Summer of Code ?!
* OKFN / Open News:
personal "residency" type thing
* Ford-Mozilla Open Web Fellowship:
Past conference sponsors
Can give some ideas where money could come from.
OKFEST 2015 SPONSORS:
Omdiyar, Google, MAVC, Open Corporates, Wikirate, Science Open, ODP4D Global South Financial Aid Packages (World Bank, ODI, Open Knowledge), Additional Financial Aid Package Support from Projects
(previously submitted by CHT)
* SpaceGambit (2012):
* application: 🔗project-hss(R/W)
* WebWeWant "Small Grant" (June 2015):
" We did find your project to be quite interesting, so I would strongly encourage you to make sure that your application and project reflect the criteria of the open call for the next round, which will be announced early next year."
****** GENERAL TACTICS AND TIPS
How to write, submit and manage grants and CFPs?
* speaking at events will generally get you a free ticket + often cover travel costs
* sometimes events (especially corporate hackathons!) provide travel bursaries. Spotted:
* Hack/Make the Bank
* you can have them fly you in to a nearby place a week before, do other stuff there, and hang around for a bit more (also see 🔗maps(R/W))
check http://www.cybergrants.com/ (Patagonia is there)
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.