Things you can do to help. Most even if you don't make it to the base!
Table of Contents
****** GENERAL TODOs
Visit the base !
https://next.totalism.org for next camp
Contribute website content !
All pages are editable, and there is admin oversight. So don't worry about messing something up.
Pages that always need help & are easiest to get into are especially the lists, like:
* 🔗calendar (write some of your favorite events, also historic, so future ones can be found!)
* 🔗alike (do you know any other spaces like this?)
New stuff: Research choices and help buy
Help find the right products/solutions, and prioritize them, on 🔗ordering !!!
Ideally, order them to your address, and somehow help them get to Lanzarote.
Donate to the project
Consider making a donation: 🔗donate.
Or equipment: 🔗ordering.
Help promote the project
Share the link, tell people, connect with another project, print some material and post it around.
Also see 🔗pr.
Help discover and prepare grant/CFP proposals
Update and manage 🔗grants, coordinate with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collaboration here can also be paid.
Add more todos here
You've been to the base, seen the site, etc. Add anything.
For Lanzarote locals & Spanish speakers
Find Lanzarote storage space !!!
Can be outside (open air). We need access to it.
Find place to store our car when we are away (6 months/year)
Best if it is covered (a garage), but not necessary.
[Legal] What happens if we get caught on random land
Translate website to Spanish
* basic parts of site
* list of phrases we need to further develop (especially medioambiente part)
Feel free to start @ 🔗ESP-web !
This ties to 🔗E2H, the plaform running the site.
User testing of website
Help develop & do 🔗pr#____USER_TESTING.
This ties to 🔗E2H, the plaform running the site.
In the works >david
Mailing list sign up banner at top of home page
should be first thing people see
Simple DIV support
[div] : back to normal/separator
Main checks: 🔗metrics/🔗poster and as a part of that 🔗subfinance (databox).
Something in D3 maybe?
Fix site CSS (especially for mobile)
Unsure about mobile device look (font-size and line.spacing).
* max-width & margin ???
* increase font-size ?
* line-spacing ?
First simple step would already be:
* walk around the site
* find worst themes
* write them here!
Migrate maps to Open Street Maps
🔗maps is running on Google Maps and that is not optimal.
Even though they are public (so "nothing to hide"), there are clear benefits.
* Replace Google MyMaps with OpenStreetMaps as underlying engine
* Edit coordinates in a pad via an API !
* Improve 🔗trails, in direction of a system to find people to co-travel routes with
* Rendering map to image/pdf file >m:
* My maps on web -> ... -> Print (A3, Landscape, PDF). Automate!:
* Request needs a coordinate bounding box (in url) and a Google cookie
* Berlin map url: https://www.google.com/maps/d/pdf?mid=1CXjFDEriRqbyHivFkit67lbhhP8&pagew=1190&pageh=842&llsw=52.435347%2C13.190363&llne=52.59914%2C13.357218
* OSM? (bounding box (easy) + how to render?)
At least for some pages?
Since the site is structured and not a "blog"-type sequential content, a "UPDATES DIFF" solution is needed.
Probably best to have curated diffs.
* 🔗whats-new is kind of manual version of this
* put the site on github
* push E2H -> text there
* "awkwad stuff" traceability?
Transclude + filter pages (as lines, as fragments)
* Transclude already works
* filter not
* it would also have to be "piped" somehow
everything tagged with "#todo" should appear here!
Templates and forms support
Yes. First sites: 🔗newcomers, ...
Technology & development
[Software] Missing parts of Workflow
[Software] Livestream photos/sensors/audio/video
What self-hosted platforms to use for this?
Or, should we not care and use cloud stuff (Youtube, Facebook, Twitch, ?) - it's public anyway?
[Energetics] Build a direct Lenovo x220 battery charger
How to heat tents in the winter?
*************** THE VAN
Transcluded from 🔗trucko !
BUY THE PARTS FROM GERMANY !!!!!!
(2016-09-28 OPEN QUESTIONS):
* where to order from?:
(picking from sites above)
* where to order them?:
what's the difference in time + price?
maybe 15€ only?
Just do it !!!!
People we need to help
* +DAVID.MALA.VAN !!!
* +dario , cousin of luis @truco
* dušan knows a metalworker in Teguise?
* +anne.maguez knows good jeeps
* cousin (?) of antonio (neighbour) said he will help us with rust
* +mogu? she should know about metal / cutting :D
* [...] !!!
* mark pozlep (slo)
* lux (slo)
Visit official Lanzarote VW mechanic + parts
It's near ("go left just before") Ikea in Arrecife.
* availability of parts
Find a Mechanic in Lanzarote
* we need a "cool", no bs, dedicated friendly mechanic
* price: ???
* dario mechanic
* karoline's brother
* Dushan's ITV husband guy, maybe Tias
* ~cassavetes "next to Renault" (via small VW shop in Argana)
Lanzarote source of parts ???
Best to just order in! Dushan did this!
Check scrapyards ("DESGUACES"), where they destroy & take apart cars.
One next to Ikea.
* any LT/VW van parts?
EU used parts !!
Netherlands has MUCH BETTER ["in the past..?"] and pretty much PERFECT and also CHEAPER car parts than DE.
YOU CAN DISASSEMBLE CARS ON YOUR OWN YESSSS!
"in Roermond were 2 places" doesn't work right now
<----------------------------------- (new): add here.
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.