(Subset of camp stuff during 🔗season4-B, back from La Graciosa. June 2015)
Table of Contents
* 🔗ordering - stuff we're researching / buying
* 🔗hackbase-type2 - hackbase nomadism based on this gear
* 🔗shipping - how to ship stuff here / logistics
* 🔗markets - where to buy stuff (in Lanzarote, EU, worldwide)
* 🔗subfinance - how the space is financed
Passive storage at 🔗trucko !
Anyone can follow the 🔗flocking protocol to get storage GPS coordinates, and start a new camp.
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
* first 3 years, we had a house
* 2014-06 to 2014-11 passive storage @dora and @t
* 2014-11 to 2016-06 passive storage @t and @dushan
* 2016-06 to 2017-01 active storage at 🔗truco.space hackerspace we set up!
This list is incomplete, but will give you a general idea.
(MOST RECENT ADDITIONS)
* shared Lenovo X220 + 9-cell battery ("Troika")
* Kinect 3D camera + tracking system
* a few Raspberry PI's
* Vango inflatable couch !
* New bike! ("Limoncello")
* DC voltage regulation bits
* cool full-RGB, arduino+network controllable LED system (12V lights + 5V USB for arduino)
* portable low-water shower system (via 12V DC aquarium pump)
* Akai portable studio equipment
* Magicshifter MS3000:
(manual, TODO: update firmware)
* Pebble Time:
TODO: bricked? needs firmware update?
VW 1984 LT28 2.5D van
see 🔗trucko !
camping equipment for ~15 people
* tents, tarps
* sleeping bags
* air mattresses
* towels, covers, duvets, pillows, etc
* portable cooking set
* inflatable couch (Vango)
* gasoline 2-stroke generator (750W max, 650W nominal):
+ Car Battery (12V) adapter with special plug and clamps
* 50W portable solar panel (stabilised 18V + 5V out)
* solar panel (SolarWorld, 50W)
* portables for devices (5 volt)
* AGM "Deep Cycle" ~100Wh / ~3kg
* Xunzel 12V/24V Solar Charge Controller (for lead-acid batteries, liquid or VRLA):
* iSCC-L05 XUNZEL 12/24V - 5A – 60W @ 12V / 120W @ 24V
* internals: https://twitter.com/chtotalism/status/708352032688771072
* Step up converters (several):
usually approx 150W, max 35V
* charger cables:
(Lenovo X220-generation, Macbook Pro-generation, ...)
communications, workflow infrastructure
* LAN with server and local services, also see 🔗workflow
* wireless routers (bigger, and USB-powered)
* medium-distance wifi (hacked tp-link stuff)
* disk drives + huge offline content collection
* cables up to 20m
* cable crimping tool
* Thinkpad X220 docking station
fully-equipped, outdoor-ready kitchen
* with or without the car, in a tent or outside
* pots, pans, utensils, etc
* plates, cutlery, etc
* impermeable box storage
* food processor, slicer, juicer, ...
* large plate grill
* microwave ???
* screw-on camping gas burner
* gas bottle
* some emergency non-perishable food supplies
* collection of rare herbs and spices
kitchen inside the 🔗trucko van:
* large-gas container + hobs
* electronics / DIY
* screw-drivers (+, -, Torx)
* general purpose clamps
sound / studio systems
* Great Sony 5.1 surround sound system
* Medium-grade 5.1 surround sound system
* ~500W of ghetto speakers
* 400W 6-channel PA amp
* a few small portable D-class amplifiers
* a "Fender" Telecaster electric guitar
* a "Fender" Musicmaster electric guitar
* a bunch of guitar pedals
* 5V USB -> 9V DC guitar pedal power + daisy chain
* 8 channel recording interface with pre-amps
* a bunch of studio-grade microphones
* cables, converters, ...
Also see 🔗studio !
* for construction
* random stuff to hack
* First-aid kit (incl bandages, etc)
* Anti-blister bandages
* Alcohol 96%, Oxygenised water
* 5ml physiological saline
* aloe vera
* aspirin, paracetamol, ibuprofen
* anti-histaminic cream
* contact-lens fluid
* Bunch of supplements and Nootropics
* cool new bike ("Limoncello")
* bike tools (several)
* wind stopper x2
* rain break x1
* 2 large bags of different clothes
* sticker collection
* small stuff:
* water buckets:
several flexible ~10L (washing up)
* LED lights (Decathlon, on 2xAAA)
See first - main page for ordering:
Investment plans to buy land:
The space needs cool stuff. A lot of stuff is more difficult to find, or is more expensive on the island than in the mainland. Please bring stuff to leave in the space. If possible, organise a collect from your local hackerspace. Maybe an extra 20kg luggage case? Usually bigger spaces have a lot of stuff to share they don't need. If you have good supply prices the space would buy stuff off you. Support with covering the extra flight baggage case is possible too.
* more LED lights:
blinkenlights to light up camp at night
head lamps, flash lights
* more energy and renewable energy tech:
* lenovo x220 compatible batteries (9-cell ~40€)
* li-ion batteries (18650, etc)
* better charge controller (for solar)
* DC-AC inverters !!
* DC stabilisation (up/down converters)
* Network equipment:
* any wifi routers (that can run OpenWRT)
* long-distance wifi antennas (like Ubiquiti)
* longer UTP cables (10m+)
* microcontrollers (Arduino, Raspberry Pi), sensors !!
* tools: soldering irons, serial adapter, logic analyser, oscilloscope
* components, wires, cables, pins, shrink tubes, adapters, ...
* chargers for controllers (5V / micro usb)
* generic "bench top" power supply
* alligator clips !!!!!!!
* MAKER & DIY TOOLS:
* power tools
* generic battery tool (18V) !!
* woodworking tools etc
* glass tools, ...
* hot glue gun
* staple gun
* a 3D printer
* LAB EQUIPMENT:
microscope, chemistry, biohacking, ...
* good hand sewing kits
* quality tarp materials !!
* sewing machine (ideally for rougher materials, like tarps)
* project stuff and hack materials:
* electric winches (any size)
* electric motors
* storage boxes / bags:
as big as possible !!
currently using Ikea boxes
(still looking for good generic solution)
* audio and video (A/V) equipment:
* stills/short video up to 2hrs: Canon 5D Mark iii/iv or Canon 6D (for high ISO + great quality)
* videocam: Blackmagic Ursa Mini (frame rate excellent + HD) or any Sony XDCAM
* GoPro (HERO?) type camera
* 2 x 16GB SDHC UHS-U cards
* multi-way AV cable
* boom mic + shockmount + windshield/fluffy thing
* headphones (sennheiser HD 201 is great for audio editing in post-production + broadcast recording)
* steadycam? (can DIY instead)
* raincover for all cameras!!!
* backup CGA batteries for cam + DE battery charger
* web cams
* hdmi -> vga adaptor
* studio / music equipment:
mics, effects, guitar pedals, cables, etc
also see 🔗studio
* camping stuff and outdoor equipment:
* tents and tarps
* telescopic tent poles
* inflatable mattresses etc
* any ultra-light stuff
* decent camping bags and backpacks (larger or trek)
* good ropes (for tent structures, climbing, etc)
* interesting seeds !
* telescope !!
* fishing gear !
* SDR / Software Defined Radio / r4dio badges:
* some sort of boat / kayak ~300€
* BIGGER INVESTMENTS:
* buying own land project ~30.000€ , see 🔗season4
* a small digger ~3000€
* metal scaffolding set (temporary construction experimentation) ~1000€
* small experimental reverse osmosis plant + long-distance pipes ~2000€ ?
STUFF TO TAKE / NOT TO TAKE WITH YOU
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.