xxxxxxxx Original + Modifications
20170316 annotations + toc
Table of Contents
************** v1.0 ~ 2016 Q4
Writing down the "contract" - nothing very fancy. Just so we have a reference for the future.
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
/contract stepping in effect/
* I start work around ___, for around ___ (so until ~ ___).
/finance - subsistence/
* I charge you:
___ (250) pounds / week
for ___ (25) hours of work
which is ~ ___ pounds/month, ___ hours = ___ pounds/hour)
This means ~ ___ hours/day on working days.
Any overtime is voluntary and is arranged outside of this agreement. Travel time does not count into this time.
* You cover my flight into ___ from ___. There are no other costs (my insurance, lunch, I use my own equipment, travel inside London, etc).
* Work times:
liquid working hours (meaning, I can skip one day, and work more other days), but I expect 80% to be standard.
I probably work home one time a week or so.
* Workplace access:
I have access to ___ [place of work] during working hours.
/ip property: open/
* The intellectual property of the work I do:
is open; it can be arranged to be kept proprietary separately. This means: my work cannot be patented or protected by a license, and I have the right to use it, or release it, separately - if there is not a negotiation. You have a non-exclusive license to use it. It's basically a MIT license work.
paid either in cash,
or via a official bill to ___ company account. In this case, there is probably an additional 20-25% tax involved.
* The salary is paid at least for 2 weeks in advance.
possible by any party (you or me) 2 weeks in advance, or earlier if agreed by both. This agreement (including work schedule, payment, etc) holds until that time.
* Project success-based additional compensation:
* If the project is successful (-let's hope so!!-), and the work I do is elemental in the shaping of the product, some small type of share compensation is expected. For 2 months in the prototype phase, this might be around 2% of the pool, but I don't have a good calculation. (This might probably be resolved as a part of the "cooperative" model, maybe with "work time shares". We can further talk about this later.)
* If project offers services in future, upon its success a ___ difference can be redeemed in services.
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
A : __________
B : __________
************** v2.0 ~ 2017 Q2 [DRAFT / RESEARCH]
AS NEW PARTS
(shape + move parts here)
UNSTRUCTURED / PAD
* measurable work KPIs !!!!
* prototype production
* knowledge production (writing + organising)
* basic materials procurment
* formal meetings
* self-imposed meetings 50%
* workflow improvements
* self-imposed workflow improvements 50%
* research: self-educating on basics 50%
* research: advanced project-based research
* gadget budget + specification
* clearer budgeting model [->>> coop-agreement-budgeting.ods]
* role of "investor"?
* shuffling cash sucks
* clearer payment rules + handling uncertainty (clear pre-agreed flows!)
* initial full documentation sharing
* clearer post-termination openness
* public representation:
* is this on my linkedin?
* am I in the video?
* time and efficiency:
* how to capture focus to prevent conflict over "efficiency" especially in self-guided work?:
* how to capture off-times?:
can QSlinux help?
* which stuff counts:
* gettng stuff to eat + cooking + eating? [prob 30min in full time? or make proportional to full-day ... 1h/16 hours?]
* waiting for? [esp when agreed to meet for example]
* socializing/talking to random people about what they do?
* how is educating captured and "billed"?:
* ... possibly already captured in lower rate?
* ... possibly half-rate?
* use limitations:
* (ties to #antirelease)
* consider non-MIT licenses:
* PPL / "copyfarleft"
* consider "use transparency" clause / ("DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT"):
* any current motives need to be disclosed
* "whatever this is used for, up to X years after development, I need to be made aware"
* consider selectively and pre-emptively oblige on ethical attributes:
* "no right-wing", "no exploitation", etc
* "later i found that the filter they were using to stop the kids from accessing porn on the school computers became the internet filter for the whole country"
* "i took a job in computational linguistics doing a job similar to an engineer at babelfish ... turned out i was really developing spy tools for the government"
(Site generated by E2H, an "Etherpad hypermedia" project by @dcht00).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.